CARSON CATLIN X JOSH MAYHEM Collaboration for SDCC

The Sideshow
Posted in: Show Off

The is a collaboration between Carson Catlin and myself entitled "The Miraculous Inceptual Fear Machine". I'm stoked on the way this turned out because Carson and I have completely different styles. He cuts pieces away from his customs, and I add pieces to them. In this case I took the pieces he cut away and added them back to the piece along with a few other pieces as well ;)I kinda now know what it feels like to be an artist that builds little wooden boats inside bottles. This piece was for the Beefy & Co booth @ SDCC 2013 but is now available to anyone for $500.00 shipped US. Please message me or contact me via my website if you are interested.

Thanks for looking :)

Josh

http://www.joshmayhem.com

• 1488 posts
  • from Long beach, CA.
Yay! Another artist that is going to come onto CP to strictly pump their stuff.:suicide:

1V1ARTIN wrote:
Yay! Another artist that is going to come onto CP to strictly pump their stuff.:suicide:

Well I wrote in the introduction section that I was planning on participating and being more active in discussions on this board, but if this is the type of vibe I'm getting from the get go maybe I'll reconsider that. Could of swore I posted this in the show off forum, and as I am incredibly proud of this piece yes... I wanted to show it off.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but not much for people who automatically assume someones intentions without knowing a damn thing about them.

I thought this forum was about art and designer toys, and artists. Looks like I was mistaken. Sorry the pictures of my art made you feel like I've invaded your special little happy place.

• 332 posts
  • from Inland Empire, CA

phelany wrote:

Lol. right? I feel like the new kid at school over here.

• 998 posts
  • from Southern California
Remember seeing that piece at the Con. Very impressive work. Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

Instagram: BoboPfitz

• 2486 posts
  • from San Francisco
1V1ARTIN wrote:

Give them a chance, we do not want to be Skullbrain and rip every new person to pieces. I started here by posting my stuff and look where it got me. If all he does is keep posting without interacting by all means let them know.

I like the dainty little chain winding through. It's intricate, but it doesn't feel clunky. Nicely done :)

• 218 posts
  • from San Francisco, Bay Area
I do not think the number of posts will qualify or make ones work any better or worse. If I recall correctly, many great artist have not been on here. I enjoy looking and aquiring and making art, and yes, at a certain point I will also begin posting or showing my work. I would enjoy hearing about the art I post and not the number of times I have posted.
Josh Mayhem I welcome you to the forums and hope you continue to show your work.
I will admit the it is not a 'style' I am 'used' to but I enjoyed visually reading it.
P.S. Your Staff Sergeant Nantz & The Aquoid is a purily evil & awesome work.

I really enjoy when a collaboration doesn't seem forced or random looking. You two did a fantastic job with it. Thanks for sharing

Thanks guys. Appreciate the positive feedback :)

The Sideshow
Posted in: Show Off

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.075s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off