This Is Your Brain, custom Jumping Brains for SDCC

1, 2  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Show Off

Hello everyone,

I am excited to finally reveal exactly what I have been working on for Comic Con, a run of custom mini figures I am calling "This Is Your Brain."

As you can see, I created a miniature recreation of the 80's anti-drug scare ad "Your brain on drugs" using Emilio Garcia's mini jumping brain figures!

Playing with the shape of the mini figure, I used clear resin and a little hand painted detail to make the vinyl figures resemble a sunny-side up egg.

Finishing off the scale illusion, I found miniature cast iron frying pans that perfectly fit the mini fried eggs!

Each egg comes compete with customized packaging- a black cardboard box with removable photo print mounted to its lid.
Both the figure and the print come hand signed and numbered.

I will have 10 of these for sale at Dragatomi's booth #4935 starting on Preview night for only $45.

While you're there make sure to check out the "Dragatomi Hug" resin figures that I painted for Blamo Toys also available starting preview night for only $25!

Can't make Comic Con but love this retro resin creation? A few might make their way to my website http://zombiemonkie.com once I finds time to update it in August, until then keep an eye on my Twitter feed @zombiemonkie.

• 1488 posts
  • from Long beach, CA.
Not my cup of tea but this is a pretty clever idea. Nice execution :bravo:

Fun idea. And I like the blue on the Blamo resins.

You know, there is now at least a whole generation of kids after us who have never heard of that commercial. Ugh. So old.

Hope's Mother wrote:
I'm glad you found stuff that you love, but I guess this stuff doesn't appeal to me. I don't get it, but I appreciate that you have your own unique taste.

yah i was a little worried that i might be dating myself with this one :)

I'm fairly certain that they also aired those commercials during the mid to late 90's... I remember them from when I was teenager.

Either way, I like these!

yah if i remember properly this add stayed on TV for YEARS.
it was like the dare program.... it just wouldnt DIE

glad you guys liked my creation, and thanks for the comments!
i love being able to talk with people about my work

-MG

Those are really cool!! And a great idea!! Love the lil frying pans you found!! Good luck with them!!

they turned out super. the eggy is so realistic that it makes me gag a little bit.

I think these are so awesome! Absolutely love the frying pans. Even if people don't know or get the drug reference from the early years , you can fry your brain in all kinds of ways! I think everyone can relate to that. Bravo !

thanks guys,
yah the clear resin worked super well for the shinny gooyness of an egg.... i pourpously used a sponge to paint on the white so there are little areas of clear throughout!

and your right, even if someone is to young to know the add, it still can refrence numerous diffrent things.... like how my brain feels after working with resin!

"I learned it from watching you, Dad. I learned it from watching you!"

Hope's Mother wrote:
I'm glad you found stuff that you love, but I guess this stuff doesn't appeal to me. I don't get it, but I appreciate that you have your own unique taste.

• 2486 posts
  • from San Francisco

hopeewon: HA i totally forgot about that one!!

Dril: THANKS buddy, im super happy with them

Fun! I definitely appreciate the sponging and getting it clearer on some parts, very realistic ^^

There was a good commercial/add that ran after that one, with the brain made of wires and getting clipped with wire cutters. Or was that only in Canada? Neat idea to jump off of though!

Hay guys,
one last reminder
my custom Mini Brains will be going on sale during SDCC preview night at Dragatomi Booth 4935
come out and get one!
-mg

1, 2  

The Sideshow
Posted in: Show Off

Topic tools: ← Previous topicNext topic →

remember me?

Time : 0.126s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off