We field a lot of requests and questions regarding purchasing art from Stranger Factory, and we’ve decided to put together an handy dandy FAQ!
When is opening night at Stranger Factory?
With a few exceptions, Opening Night for all Stranger Factory shows is on the first Friday of every month. Please review Stranger Factory’s Upcoming Shows page, and the Circus Posterus Calendar for more specific dates.
What is the deal with the preview email?
The Stranger Factory show preview is sent out via email on the Thursday or Friday before the scheduled show opens. However, if you are not on our mailing list, you can also check out the “Exhibitions” tab on the Stranger Factory website to see if the preview has been posted yet. The preview is frequently updated with available pieces – a red dot means the piece has been sold, and a yellow dot means that a piece is being held and is awaiting payment.
But – how do I buy art?
We prioritize sales to our local collectors that come to our opening nights at the gallery, so online sales will generally begin at 12 NOON Pacific Standard Time the following Monday after a show. We handle the initial round of purchase inquiries via email.
For our very popular artists and shows, collectors often time their emails to arrive exactly at noon, as emails are processed in the order received. If you are intending to purchase a piece from a popular artist, we recommend composing your email prior to the request period, and trying to send your email as close to noon as possible.
- All inquiries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When emailing please include the title/ price and artist name of each piece you are interested in. If you are interested in several pieces, please put them in order of priority.
- ***Please specify if you would like to purchase more than one piece. Please include a mailing address and phone number you can be reached at if we have any questions (for US and Canada only) if possible.
- We will try to first limit one unique original per artist per household and sell additional pieces based on demand.
- Prices do not include shipping; we will quote a shipping price once a piece is reserved.
- Serious inquiries only please.
- Please be patient in waiting for a response. At least 50% down payment must be made by that Friday, or reserved items will be offered to other interested buyers.
Augh, this email thing is confusing.
On the Monday following a show opening, at 12 Noon Pacific Time(and not before), send an email to email@example.com that looks more or less like this –
You are super pretty and we really think you are great. Also, I am interested in the following pieces, listed in order of priority.
1. [list title and price of art piece] by [list name of artist].
2. [list title and price of art piece] by [list name of artist].
3. [list title and price art piece] by [list name of artist].
My mailing address is [list your address] and I can be contacted at [list phone number].
Aubrie, our gallery manager, will respond to you within a day, but it might take longer for very popular shows – so please be patient!
What about your online store?
Our online store on the Circus Posterus website is updated 1-2 weeks after a show with any remaining pieces.